Mexico Travel and Entry Requirements
- Valid proof of citizenship (passport or birth certificate)
- Tourist Cards/Visa or FM3 Card
- Valid state/providence issued driver’s license (not issued in Mexico)
- Valid Vehicle Title or Registration. If the registered owner of the vehicle will not be accompanying the vehicle to Mexico; you must have a Notarized letter authorizing the specified individual to take the vehicle out of the country. If there are two registered owners of the vehicle either one can take it to Mexico.
- If the vehicle is registered to a business make sure you are provided written authorization on company letter head.
- All financed vehicles must have the financial institution or lienholder written authorization and it MUST be notarized to enter Mexico.
- One of the following Visa, Master Card, Diner’s Card or American Express and make sure your name on your ID matches the credit card.
- If you are traveling Mainland Mexico past the 25 kilometers or outside of Sonora (Free Zone) you must have a vehicle permit. This permit can only be obtained in Mexico.