Services and Support
Vehicle Warranty Program
Mexico Travel Resources
SENTRI Pass Requirements
SENTRI was first implemented at the Otay Mesa, California port of entry on November 1, 1995. SENTRI Dedicated Commuter Lanes also exist in El Paso, TX; San Ysidro, CA; Calexico, CA; Nogales, AZ; Hidalgo, TX; Brownsville, TX; and Laredo, TX.
SENTRI provides expedited California Border Patrol (CBP) processing for pre-approved, low-risk travelers. Applicants must voluntarily undergo a thorough biographical background check against criminal, law enforcement, customs, immigration, and terrorist indices; a 10-fingerprint law enforcement check; and a personal interview with a CBP Officer.
Once an applicant is approved they are issued a Radio Frequency Identification Card (RFID) that will identify their record and status in the CBP database upon arrival at the U.S. port of entry. An RFID decal is also issued to the applicant’s vehicle. SENTRI users have access to specific, dedicated primary lanes into the United States. Online Application
Applicants will not qualify for participation in the SENTRI program if they:
- Provide false or incomplete information on the application.
- Have been convicted of any criminal offense or have pending criminal charges to include outstanding warrants.
- Have been found in violation of any customs, immigration, or agriculture regulations or laws in any country.
- Are subject to an ongoing investigation by any federal, state, or local law enforcement agency.
- Are inadmissible to the United States under immigration regulation, including applicants with approved waivers of inadmissibility or parole documentation.
- Cannot satisfy CBP of their low risk status or meet other program requirements.
Application Fee: $25.00 per person (or a maximum of $50.00 total for husband, wife and minor children)
Fingerprint Fee: $24.00 (applicants 14 years and older)
System Costs Fee: $80.00 per person (or a maximum of $160.00 total for a husband, wife and minor children)
TOTAL FEE $129.00 per person
If an approved participant wishes to register more than one vehicle for use in the SENTRI DCL lane (maximum of 4 vehicles), or an approved participant wishes to be registered in more than one vehicle (maximum of 8 persons per vehicle), an additional fee of $42.00 per vehicle will be assessed. Enrollees will be charged a $25.00 replacement fee for a lost, stolen, or destroyed card and a $42.00 replacement fee for a lost, stolen or destroyed vehicle ID tag.
Payment of fees may be made by cash, check, money order, Master Card, VISA and American Express. A $30.00 charge is imposed if a check is not honored by the bank on which it was drawn. All fees are non-refundable.
The Enrollment Process and SENTRI Enrollment Centers
The SENTRI program uses CBP Form 823S. SENTRI applicants will be applying for the Dedicated Commuter Lane Program. Please read the instructions carefully and fill out items 1-12 AND the section titled DEDICATED COMMUTER LANE PARTICIPANTS found on page 7 of CBP Form 823S. CBP Form 823S - SENTRI Application (pdf - 1,160 KB.)
Applicants to the SENTRI Program may submit their application online using the Global Online Enrollment System (GOES). Once the application is certified as true and complete, it will be submitted to CBP for processing. Applicants can monitor the status of their application by logging back into GOES, and will be advised of "Conditional Approval” or “Denial through the GOES account posting.
To complete a SENTRI application via the Internet, click on the GOES link to be transferred to the on-line application.
Global Online Enrollment System (GOES)
Once notification of conditional approval is received; contact the nearest enrollment center listed on the notification to schedule an interview. Applicants have 180 days from that date to schedule an interview. Otherwise, applicants will be denied further enrollment consideration for failure to schedule an interview, which is the final requirement in determining program membership. This denial will not prevent an applicant from submitting a new application in the future. However, a new payment fee will be required. At the time of interview, payment of the application fee, fingerprint fee, lane fee, and any additional vehicle fee will be required.
Applicants must bring with them the following original documents to the interview. Please ensure you bring the exact documents you provided on the on-line application.
- Originals of evidence of citizenship that you listed on your application
- If not a U.S. citizen, originals of evidence of immigration admissibility to the U.S., that you listed on your application
- Valid drivers license (or state identification) issued in state where applicant lives
- Vehicle registration and evidence of US automobile insurance by a company authorized to write automobile insurance in the US.
- If the vehicle is not registered in the name of the applicant, a notarized letter authorizing its use by the applicant is required. A company vehicle requires written authorization on company letterhead.
- Evidence of employment or financial support. (For instance, most recent year tax return, pay receipt, or direct deposit salary statement. Self employed must present business license, current tax information and bank statement)
- Evidence of residence, (Mortgage or rent payment receipts)
During the Interview, information provided on the application will be verified and upon acceptance, CBP will:
- Take a photograph of applicant for identification card
- Take applicant’s fingerprint
- Provide terms and conditions of the program
- Answer any questions the applicant may have
- Issue an RFID enabled identification card
Enrollment center locations work by appointment only. To schedule your appointment you may choose from the following:
2500 Paseo Internacional
Otay Mesa, California 92143
1699 East Carr Road
Calexico, CA 92231
797 S. Zaragoza Road, Bldg. A
El Paso, Texas 79907
9 North Grand Avenue
Nogales, AZ 85621
3300 South Expressway 77/83
Brownsville, TX 78520
Lincoln/Juarez Bridge Adm Bldg. 2
Laredo, TX 78040
6620 S. 33rd Street, Bldg. J, Suite 20
McAllen, TX 78503
If you need further information regarding SENTRI click here: U.S. Customs and Border Protection